We are recruiting! We are currently looking for Games Masters to join our team here at Exit Plan Edinburgh.
Pay: £8.25/hour on a flexible zero hour contract basis (normally 10 – 20 hours/week)
Location: Queen Street, Edinburgh
Application Deadline: 18/06/17
Interview Date: w/c 19/06/17
Exit Plan Edinburgh is a live escape room experience. We essentially lock groups of players into a gaming area consisting of multiple rooms. They need to find clues and solve a variety of fun and challenging puzzles to ‘escape’ within the 60 minute time limit.
It is important to us that we are not just simply another escape game. We aim to give our guests the best experience possible and go the extra mile. We also aim to have the most fun, challenging and unique games.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
As a Gamesmaster, you will be the ‘face’ of the company to our guests. When the group arrives at their pre-booked time, you will meet and greet them and give them a short briefing of the game they are about to play including outlining the storyline.
You will then monitor the game in the office offering clues as necessary. Once the game is complete, you will then reset the puzzles ready for the next group.
A summary of your responsibilities are:
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly professional manner
- Deliver an introductory briefing (including storyline) to the group in a confident and relaxed manner
- Monitor the progress of the group as they play the game, offering clues where necessary
- Reset the puzzles in the game ready for the next team
- General maintenance of puzzle elements
- General cleaning of the venue and toilets as required
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- You must be comfortable speaking in front of groups and at ease with this
- Self motivated
- Able to act on own initiative
- Excellent personable skills and friendly manner
We are looking for primarily for people who are available to work if required at least 2 days between Monday to Friday at any time of those days. You should also be able to work during evenings and at weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, together with a covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should outline the following:
- Why you are suited to this role
- What you can bring to the Exit Plan Edinburgh team
- Confirm your availability stating what weekdays you would be able to work
- Notice required / earliest start date
We look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you to our team!